Won't You Join Us?
Here are 10 reasons why you might care to join:
- You care about a child with any kind of individual differences that poses challenges for him or her in school and beyond.
- You're seeking information to help navigate the special education system, whether your child receives special ed services now or may in the future.
- You feel a need to connect with other parents who "get it."
- You're in a "good place" with your family but can lend an ear to others who aren't there yet.
- You want to make a difference in the Stratford community and beyond - helping others to better understand exceptional children's abilities to reach their full potential.
- You want to support children with special needs and their right to a free and appropriate public education in the least restrictive environment.
- You want to join others in celebrating the individuality and unique abilities of all children.
- You have some ideas for Stratford SEPTA or would just like to have a voice in planning efforts.
- You have some time or talents to share that could help make others aware of Stratford SEPTA events and help make those events a success.
- We have treats at our meetings!
Stratford Special Education Parent Teacher Association (SEPTA) is a district-wide PTA (pre-K through High School) which focuses on special education issues and topics. We are organized under the Connecticut PTA, a part of the National PTA. Membership is distinct from your school's PTA. We value your support, and encourage you support your school PTA as well. Membership dues are $10 per person per school year. Membership forms can be downloaded here: Membership Form and turned in at any monthly meeting or mailed to the address listed on the form.
Join our mailing list for up-to-date information on events in Stratford and beyond: email@example.com. Like our Facebook page (Stratford Septa) to be reminded of why special is exceptional and for summaries of meeting presentations.